You can get unlimited email account from both Justhost shared hosting & reseller hosting plan. In this case, you get to create email accounts and add new emails accounts as you want it. Give each email accounts to your users, and allow them to access own mail box and send outgoing emails too. Each email user can access to their mailbox via email client program or via webmail client online.
- Unlimited POP3 secure email accounts
- Unlimited secure IMAP email accounts
- Unlimited email forwarding
- Unlimited email autoresponder
What is the Justhost email size and limit?
When add new email account, you choose from 250MB storage size or unlimited size for mail quota, and then choose the username and password for the new email account. You can create the email now and the email is ready for sending and receiving email, you get to edit existing email account or remove mail account too. The web hosting owner gets full access to email control.
How to login email accounts and check email?
After you have the new email account, either you access it via webmail client provided by Justhost, or you can use own email client to access the email account. Including Outlook express, Outlook 2000, and Mac mail app etc. The incoming mail server and outgoing mail server and port number is provided on setup configuration page, duplicate the setting into your mail client to connect to your email account.
How to configure email client to connect to Justhost email service?
From Justhost cPanel, under email accoun and email client setup, here are the instruction given
- Mail Server Username: support+justhostreviews.org
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.justhostreviews.org
- Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) rsj17.rhostjh.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.justhostreviews.org (server requires authentication) port 26
- Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) rsj17.rhostjh.com (server requires authentication) port 465
- Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)
- Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)
How to change email password or webmail login password?
By changing your email account password, the webmail or email client will require to login using the new password too. Login to cPanel and go to email accounts. Choose the email to change its password and give it a new secure password. Save the changes and apply the new password to your email client setting as well. Try to login to your email account using the new password.