If you are going to point existing domain name to your Justhost hosting account, and late host the website with Justhost hosting, then you will need to change the domain name server to Justhost DNS name server and wait for domain propagation to complete. Once it’s complete, your domain will be pointed to Justhost hosting and website will be running from Justhost server as well.
if you already transfer domain to Justhost hosting, please login to your domain control panel and make sure the domain DNS is pointed to Justhost domain name server as well. By default it will be using your previous DNS name server, thus it’s necessary to change it to Justhost DNS.
Justhost name server DNS information:
- Justhost domain name server NS1: ns1.pipedns.com
- Justhost domain name server NS2: ns2.pipedns.com
- Justhost domain name server NS3: ns3.pipedns.com
The first domain name server is pointing to IP address 220.127.116.11. If you are using their shared web hosting, above are the DNS to be used.
How about Justhost reseller plan with private name server?
Unless you are using their reseller hosting with private name server, in this case your domain need to point to your own private name server. And this private DNS need to setup to point to your reseller web hosting plan via the child DNS setting. The reseller domain hosting will be like this
- Your domain should use the private name server for example, ns1.yourreseller .com & ns2.yourreseller .com
- And later setup child DNS for this ns1.yourreseller .com & ns2.yourreseller .com to point to their respective IP address.
- Wait for domain propagation and your domain will be pointed to your reseller plan via private name servers.
For sure, Justhost hosting is one great web hosting bargain. They use three DNS servers instead of the regular two DNS servers. The advantage is more reliable DNS service and less percentage of downtime or failure.